B&D Group - Maintenance Engineer (Fitter & Turner) - Hornby NZ
Job no: 830417
Work type: Full Time
- Competitive salary
- Multinational company = genuine career opportunities
- Dynamic and exciting role
B&D Group (NZ) – Maintenance Engineer (Fitter & Turner)
B&D Doors (NZ) Ltd is a sub group of DuluxGroup and is New Zealand's leading manufacturer of sectional and roller doors and supplier of automatic openers and other related products servicing the commercial, industrial and residential markets. B&D distribute its market leading products via an extensive network of dealers throughout NZ operating under the ‘Dominator’ and ‘Garador’ Brands.
Based at our factory in Christchurch, you will be an integral and productive member of the Operations team.
Working within a small maintenance team including various sub-contractors, your main focus will be to safely maintain our machinery, equipment, plant, buildings and site.
You will be highly safety focused and proactive in your approach with a can-do attitude. This is an exciting role helping increase production efficiency, improving safety, product quality and working with a strong culture of preventative maintenance and continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include
- Preventative maintenance
- Maintaining our sheet-metal machinery such as roll formers, power presses, press feeders, guillotines, press brakes and turret punches.
- Ensuring that all our machinery complies with both internal and external safety standards
- Building and Facilities maintenance
- Safely managing and supervising our various maintenance sub-contractors
- Developing and building tooling, fixtures and accessories to support and improve production
Skills & Experience
- A mechanical and/or electrical trade with appropriate proven maintenance experience
- Sound Diagnostic and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Good turning and milling abilities
- Sound knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing principals
- Sound knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental requirements including the use of a permit to work systems.
- High attention to detail
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Forklift license OSH & F endorsement (or the ability to gain one)
- Tidy, organised and well presented
What’s In It for You?
In return you will be working in a great environment for a market leading company that provides a competitive salary plus up to 4% Employer Contribution towards KiwiSaver, life insurance cover* and DuluxGroup Staff Card (discounts on Dulux Paints, etc).
How to Apply
Just click the Apply button on this page and follow the application form. You will need to have a current CV ready to upload.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. A pre-employment medical and drug test will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
*provided employee joins KiwiSaver within 3 months of their start date.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend