B&D Group - Operations Manager - Hornby NZ
Job no: 832068
Work type: Full Time
- Work with the Market Leader!
- Great Opportunity to Further your Career – Supportive Culture
- Excellent Salary and Benefits
B&D Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of doors and secure access systems serving the architectural, residential and commercial markets in Australia and New Zealand. With over 60 years of experience and as part of the ASX listed DuluxGroup, the B&D brand is synonymous with quality, security and reliability, and sets the industry standard. With manufacturing facilities across Australia, New Zealand and China, we are home to the largest range of garage door and secure access systems. In New Zealand, B&D distribute its market leading products via an extensive network of dealers under the 'Dominator' and 'Garador' Brands.
With offices in every state of Australia and operations in both New Zealand and China, DuluxGroup employs over 4000 employees across various industries including Sales, Research and Development, Engineering, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, IT and Marketing.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to lead manufacturing across New Zealand. Based in Hornby and reporting to the Group Operations Manager your key focus will be to lead and motivate your team to ensure that all functions of the sites are performing efficiently to produce high quality products whilst adhering to the company's high level safety and procedural standards.
The Hornby site together with the East Tamaki site manufacture many of the most trusted and well known products across New Zealand. You will engage, support, coach, mentor and empower your staff to work cohesively to achieve the best results by ensuring that they have a clear vision of the objectives that they and the overall business are working to achieve.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leadership – Focus and inspire your team with a compelling vision on how the sites can deliver ongoing benefit to the broader B&D business
- Support all activities of the team to improve output, quality and safety performance
- Monitor and improve performance through providing structure, direction and KPI's on relevant performance measures
- Manage operational costs and budget to ensure value and benefit to the business
- Initiate, design and implement imperatives that look to step-change the performance of the New Zealand business.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement agenda using lean principles
In addition to you being a dynamic and hands on leader with strong engagement levels across all divisions of the site, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership Skills within a manufacturing environment in either Engineering/Fabrication, FMCG or similar
- Experience with financial reporting/budgets
- Experience in Safety & Quality management systems
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and proven experience in planning and delivering a Continuous Improvement plan, including a proactive preventative maintenance program
- Understanding of site responsibilities around compliance and legislative regulations
- Ability to show examples in cost improvement from delivering both continuous improvement and step change opportunities
- Strategic and forward planning with the ability to be agile and flexible when necessary
- Experience with Industrial Relations and negotiating EA’s
- Tertiary qualifications highly desirable (eg Mechanical /Process / Materials / Industrial Engineering/Supply chain)
In return you will be offered a highly attractive salary package including performance incentives.
To submit your application please click 'Apply' below, or for a confidential discussion please call Michael on 0800 238 589
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend